Notification

Coming Soon...

OK
X

Something went wrong!
Please try again later.

EXPAND Cross icon

EXPANDING


Loader

Amid challenges from competing start-up leagues, the PGA Tour will enhance event purses and bonuses for players.

PGA
image
Posted by Admin 24 Nov 2021

Written by: Anjali Mishra

The PGA Tour continues to increase the money paid to its players throughout the year in response to potential threats to its future profitability. According to a memo obtained by No Laying Up from PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan, the FedEx Cup, Player Impact Program, and a few tournaments will all undergo financial changes in 2022.

 

 

pga tour

 

Here are the details.

  • FedEx Cup bonus going from $60 million pool to $75 million pool

  • FedEx Cup winner getting $18 million (previously $15 million)

  • FedEx St. Jude Invitational and BMW Championship purses going to $15 million (previously $9.5 million)

  • Genesis Invitational, Arnold Palmer Invitational, the Memorial Tournament and WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play purses going to $12 million (previously $9.3 million)

  • Player Impact Program moving from $40 million pool to $50 million

  • Comcast Business Tour Top 10 going from $10 million pool to $20 million pool

  • Total tournament prize money in 2022 going from $367 million to $427 million

  • Average purse in 2022 will be $9.1 million, which is up over $1 million from 2021

pga tour

 

In 2022, PGA Tour players will receive 55 percent of the Tour's $1.52 billion in income, according to Monahan. The remaining 45 percent will be used for tournament-related costs, personnel costs, and TPC network costs.

 

Players will receive $838 million as a result of this. Eighty percent of that comes in the form of prize money, various incentive schemes, and Tour member privileges. The remaining 20% ($153 million) comes from marketing partners and corporate marketing partners (mainly clothes and equipment firms), and Monahan expects this to treble (!) over the next two years.

 

Breaking News

  • Asian Tour | November 26, 2021

    After a Covid break, the Asian Tour tee off with John Catlin in the lead on day 1.

    As golf's Asian Tour returned following a 20-month hiatus imposed by the epidemic,America's John Ca seized a one-shot clubhouse lead in the Blue Canyon Phuket Championship on thursday. Read More

  • Asian Tour | November 26, 2021

    After a Covid break, the Asian Tour tee off with John Catlin in the lead on day 1.

    As golf's Asian Tour returned following a 20-month hiatus imposed by the epidemic, America's John Catlin seized a one-shot clubhouse lead in the Blue Canyon Phuket Championship on Thursday. Read More

  • PGA | November 24, 2021

    Amid challenges from competing start-up leagues, the PGA Tour will enhance event purses and bonuses for players.

    The PGA Tour continues to increase the money paid to its players throughout the year in response to potential threats to its future profitability. Read More

  • PGA | November 22, 2021

    Talor Gooch wins the RSM Classic for the first time on the PGA Tour.

    Talor Gooch was in too good of form to be fazed by anything in the RSM Classic on Sunday, and it paid off when he finished with a 6-under 64 for a three-shot victory at Sea Island. Read More

  • Popular News

  • DP World Tour | November 26, 2021

    Joburg Open: New South Africa Covid variant triggers alert

    A host of UK and Irish golfers have withdrawn ahead of the second day's play at the Joburg Open, the first event of the DP World Tour, formerly the European Tour. Read More

  • PGA | November 25, 2021

    The PGA Tour broadcast schedule for 2022.

    The CBS Sports PGA Tour broadcast schedule for 2022 has been released, and it's jam-packed with excellent tournaments at incredible venues starring the finest golfers in the world. Read More

  • DP World Tour | November 22, 2021

    Rory Mcllroy tears his shirt in frustration.

    Rory McIlroy's face was locked in rage as he walked off the 18th green at the Earth Course on Sunday. He tore at the top of his shirt after leaving the public arena Read More

  • Open | November 17, 2021

    Jason Kokrak Wins His Third PGA Tour Title.

     On the back nine of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open on Saturday morning, Jason Kokrak had reason to fear he had shot himself out. Read More

  • Hours
    Minute
    Second
    Rolex
    #

    WANT TO GET STARTED?

    Advertisement